Sunday 20 January 2013

I've had a few problems accessing my blog since last I posted. My dashboard keeps disappearing behind a white band. I think its' somethign to do with stopping all popups. Today I got in through Facebook and everything is here.
I had a fantastic 2-day class with Jenny Campbell playing with textiles. Jenny is the most generous of tutors and supplied everything that was on our requirements list. She took us through painting, embossing on shim, making fabric with plastic bags, stamping etc as well as giving demonstrations on how use lots of embellishments. Here is a couple of my attempts, not very inspiring as I'm not very creative.
This piece is made up of plastic bags with silk flowers and strips of plastic sandwiched between layers and ironed to melt the plastic together. I'm intrigued to see what else I can do with this technique.

This piece consists of painted velvet with squares of fabric layered with a piece of shim on top. The shim was embossed and stitched with not thread to make the patterns. I need lots of practice using the darning foot.

No comments:

Post a Comment